Sunday, January 31, 2010

Despite all my writing about The Weird Woeful World Of Dating, and the Eccentricities And Escapades Of A Suddenly-Single Bohemian Being, I do, actually have a real life, and it's actually pretty cool. imho, anyway. :)

I've been working on some kid's books. Most recently, Booger McGrath, who wouldn't take a bath. And Polite Penelope Pelch, who had a series of indiscretions (of the bodily-function sort), one day at school.

And several others, going further back: Spivy Sparks, who has a middle of the night adventure, in an oh-so-(not)-scary way. The Mystical Miss Tickle and Her Incredible Dog, Kitty. Parker Tickle (a spin-off of the not even spun yet - Miss Tickle...), Ollie Hackles... Morton McCort... to mention a few more that are in the works...

And while I'm in the midst of working on those, I'm also designing, and need to put together (for real), some marionette-style characters (yes, I'm serious, the brain goes where it goes, God knows...), that have been prancing around in the design area of my head (this is in the right Neocortex, up past the Medulla Oblongata, and the Pons. btw: I think my Pons is slightly out of order right now... just sayin), for the past month or so. I'm dying to get these characters put together. [*rubbing palms together, with anticipatory (but non-leering) look*]

Anyway, here are some of the Spivy Sparks prelim illustrations...

No comments:

Post a Comment